Hello all of you wonderful TechJunkies! It’s Mariah from TechJunky (and ???? UnlockJunky). In this article we will be going over the various steps needed to sign back into your Google account(s) if you are FRP locked out of your device. I hope you enjoy ????
What is FRP lock?
Every device that uses lollipop ???? (Android 5.1 and higher) has the factory reset protection (FRP) security feature, allowing phone owners peace of mind. Because of the abundance of smartphone users in the world, the companies Google and Android collaborated to create the FRP lock which enables unwanted intruders from accessing your device.
In many cases device owners accidently trigger the security feature, making it near impossible to access their device unless they know the previous Google account information that was previously used.
The mobile device that is locked will not allow you to fully set up your phone until you either bypass the Google account verification screen or signing into the previous account.
Bypassing The Verification Screen Using Google Account Information
At the beginning of setting up your mobile device everything will seem absolutely normal. You will open to the “Welcome” screen, sign into wifi, etc. but once you make it to what should be the Google Account Sign-In Screen you will end up at the Google Account Verification Screen stopping you with this message…
“This device was reset. To continue, sign in with a Google account that was previously synced on this device.”
If you know the previous account information, then there is no need to panic. Simply follow these steps to gain access to your device once more ????.
Let me ask you a question first:
Did you reset the device yourself enabling the FRP security feature, or did you purchase the device and it was already locked to the Google account verification screen?
If the device was previously yours, then this shouldn’t be too large of an issue.
1. Try to remember the Google account information that you previously used on the device.
Note: If you are forgetful like me ???? it might be beneficial to use another device (computer, tablet, phone, etc.) that has your Google account synced and change the password so that you know both the Gmail and Password.
2. Once you remember the Google Account information, starting with the Gmail. Check on other devices and choose the account that you use the most (if you have more than one Gmail) use the information provided.
3. Do you know the password for the Google account that you chose? If not it might be beneficial to change your email password and go back to the locked with the correct Google account information.
4. Provide the Google verification screen with your account information. The device should unlock.
Did you accidentally purchase a FRP locked device? Or do you have a phone that is locked to the verification screen with little/no way of knowing the previous Google account information? In both of these cases you have 3 options:
1. Talk to the phone’s original owner and find out if he/she is able to give you their Google account information so that you will be able access the device.
Side Note: If the original owner does this for you, please be sure to delete the account information as soon as you can and reset the device again.
2. Meet with the previous owner of the device and allow them to sign in so that you can have access again, then delete the account and reset the device again.
3. Bypass the FRP lock. You are able to do the task yourself or use a FRP removal service.
Do You Need To Google Account Bypass Your Device?
If you are unable to obtain the Google account information and you still want to use your device, then bypassing the FRP lock on your device will be your best option.
We offer a few free unlocking methods for Samsung, ZTE, Motorola, and LG devices, click here to view.
Our Parent company UnlockJunky offers premium unlocks that work on ALL Samsung, LG, and HTC devices plus most ZTE and Motorola devices as well.
Offering a Money back guarentee if the device is not unlocked at the end of the process.
You save time .
Awesome 24/7 technical support.
Perfect for those who have little technical knowledge.
What To Do When Your Device Is FRP Locked?
In this article we talked about what a FRP lock is, how it could have occurred, and what you are able to do to fix it.
It is extremely frustrating when your device is locked to the verification screen and it only gets worse when you attempt to handle the situation blind. In hopes of helping you get back onto your device I’ve written this short article that assist you while you are dealing with this tedious task. If you have questions about unlocking your device contact us at either UnlockJunky or TechJunky.
Good luck with your unlocking quest!